This award seeks to recognise the contribution affordable home ownership makes. The scheme can be mixed tenure but the number of homes on the whole development must not exceed 30 units – entries are likely to be awarded higher marks where the home ownership contribution is significant.
Judges will be looking for developments which have successfully met some or all of the criteria below:
- Demonstrate how the development met the needs of the local market and responded to demand.
- Demonstrate how the design features used made the most of the site potential as well as showing sensitivity to intimate neighbourhoods and the surrounding area.
- Evidence how any specific challenges or local considerations were taken into account when developing this small scheme
- Demonstrate innovation to support people into home ownership and how financial modelling difficulties were overcome to create the best levels of affordability
- Evidence how well the organisation performed against the scheme’s objectives, including sustainability targets, sales success and examples of local support and response.
Please ensure your entry includes the following:
- A minimum of 8 images of the project/scheme (internal and external)
- Floor plan(s)
- Area and site location maps
- Company logo/s
Please answer in a maximum of 1,000 words in total