This award recognises the challenges faced when developing a scheme that is for affordable home ownership. The scheme entry can consist of mixed tenure units but must include an element of home ownership and must be 30 units or more.
It can be a standalone ownership scheme or a mixed tenure development. The entry is likely to receive higher marks where the scheme provides additional facilities to benefit the community and neighbourhood
Judges will be looking for entries that have met some or all of the following criteria:
- Demonstrate innovation to support people into home ownership including design features and specification
- Provide examples of additional facilities developed as part of the scheme e.g. community centre, gym
- Evidence local input and their response to the facilities
- Show the landscaping, flow through and intimate neighbourhoods as well as the sensitivity of the building to the surrounding area
- Evidence how opportunities were maximised to obtain the best value for money out of the scheme for both the residents and the housing provider
- Provide evidence of performance against original scheme objectives including sustainability targets, success of partnership working with stakeholders, how the development met the needs of the local market and sales success, with clear metrics.
Please ensure your entry includes:
- A minimum of 8 images of the project/scheme (internal and external)
- Floor plan(s)
- Area and site location maps, including postcode
- Company logo/s
- Link to project website
Please answer in a maximum of 1,000 words in total